Walk + Roll to West TV
About the Walk + Roll May Challenge
The Walk+Roll May Challenge is a friendly, month-long event aimed at encouraging more kids and families to walk, bike and roll to and from school and throughout their neighborhoods. The Challenge is hosted by The Street Trust with support from the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT), the Safe Routes to School National Partnership, our sponsors, and other partners.
The West TV Green Team coordinates the Walk + Roll Challenge.
• Walk and Roll to School Month starts, Friday, May 1, 2020.
• Green Team will be out to welcome students to school as you arrive.
• Please arrive with your student after 7:45 AM. This may require a “test run” so you know how long it takes.
• Posters are posted in the gym by grade for each student to record participation. Ms. Cereda has explained how to use them to each class during PE.
• Students who must take the bus to school, may participate if they exercise for 15 minutes the day prior and provide a note to Ms. Cereda.
• When you enter the school on your bicycle or scooter, please walk your bike down to the bark chip path to leave the sidewalk clear for walkers and buses unloading students. Bike racks are available if you would like to lock up your bike during the school day.
• May is National Physical Fitness and Sport month and walking and rolling to school is not only good for your health, but also reduces traffic congestion and air pollution from driving your car.
Learn more about the BTA’s Walk+ Bike Challenge at Walk + Roll!